The Town of Avon is home to the Avon Community School Corporation (ACSC). The Avon Community School Corporation offers children high quality educational instruction with a keen focus on improving student achievement. Approximately 10,000 students per year attend an Avon Community School in grades pre-school thru 12, across twelve schools including one early learning center, six elementary, two intermediate, two middle, and one high school. ACSC operates on a balanced calendar schedule and employees over 1,300 teachers and staff.
- Birthplace of William T. Hornaday, savior of the American Buffalo.
- Home of the famous Haunted Bridge over White Lick Creek.
- Birthplace of the soybean in the United States.
- Home of the first outdoor table tennis tables in Indiana.
- Previous town names included Hampton, White Lick, Smootsdell, and New Philadelphia.
Avon Parks and Recreation
- 82.5-acre Avon Town Hall Park offers amenities including walking trails, nine acre lake, two ponds, fishing, shelters, 3 playgrounds, natural walking paths, 18 hole disc golf course, free Wi-Fi, bocce court, RC race track, 2 outdoor table tennis tables with free paddles and ball available for use; it is also the home of the Angel of Hope statue to remember children that have passed away and the Military and Public Safety Memorial
- 120 acre Washington Township Park is owned and operated by Washington Township Parks Department and has playgrounds, splash pad, shelters, bike trails, fishing pond, basketball court, open playing area, band concert shell and meeting pavilion; it is the home of the Avon Community Heritage Festival and Hendricks County Rib Fest
- Other parks include Gable Park, World War Two Memorial Park, Winton Meadows Park, Reagan Woods, and Pecar Park
- There are 30 parks and 5 golf courses located within 7 miles of the center of town (US 36/Avon Avenue)
© 2022 Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS®.
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.